knitting, crocheting, accessories, various stuff

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Did It





Well, I finally did it. I managed to knit a 2 yarn project. I had never knitted with 2 yarns before while carrying one yarn behind the other. It was a challenge but I got them done.
The pattern is called Under The Rose and is from Ganiggle Knits who can be found in PhatFiber.
The pink yarn is 100% silk that I reclaimed from a sweater I bought at a thrift shop. I got that idea from Jags at JagsFunkyFibers who can also be found in PhatFiber.
The bluish yarn is from fiber that I got in my first PhatFiber box called WasteNotWantNot2 from Misty at DesiredHavenFarm, also in PhatFiber. I spun the fiber into yarn on a drop spindle that I made from 2 CD.
This project was an experience and they may not be the greatest looking fingerless gloves, but I am very proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment